About the job
The Zimbra product development group at Synacor envisions, builds, deploys, and supports our enterprise-grade email collaboration suite for hundreds of millions of users worldwide. Our cross-functional, agile teams value autonomy, collaboration, and continuous improvement, and are composed of product managers, development, program managers, and, quality engineers. A crisp product focus allows us to constantly iterate, delivering the best products balancing feature-set and time-to-market.
We fail sometimes, and we make mistakes. But we do it as quickly as possible and in a contained way, then we pivot and make improvements to our processes, our skillset, and our team. Everyone, at every level and in every job function on our lean teams make decisions that affect our product, and you will be one of our most valuable assets when you join.
- You want to work in a product-focused organization composed of autonomous, self-managed teams.
- You love programming and evolving your skills is just built into your DNA. You stay up-to-date on the latest trends in the industry and look for ways to implement new ideas to continuously improve your projects.
- You’ve worked in Agile Development, and are keenly aware of the benefits and tradeoffs. You look forward to retrospectives to provide new ideas on how to improve the efficiency of the team.
- You have scaled software as your user base grows, so you know that application performance is critical from iterating a single list, all the way up to enterprise-grade system operation. Since you know where bottlenecks can occur, you proactively introduce solutions before problems arise.
- Assist with the building of advanced applications in various spaces.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Continuously evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Contributes to implementation, testing, and product release. Conducts tasks and assignments with minimal direction to contribute to team objectives.
- Diagnoses and resolves production problems with minimal assistance.
- You’ve participated in software project initiatives from start-to-finish. You understand the benefits of test-driven development and code reviews and how to squeeze the most out of them.
- Experience with Java, back-end development
- Experience with the following: REST APIs, RESTful services, API development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field with 2-5 years’ experience.
Only candidates that live in the U.S. will be considered.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Remote, OR