About the job
ēdn is seeking a motivated Software Engineer to develop software applications that expand and improve our suite of products, including the award winning SmallGarden. The ēdn Engineering team is responsible for building state of the art software and hardware that showcases and supports the convergence of design and nature that our company has become renowned for. As a key member of the Engineering team you will work closely with teams across the organization, developing a deep understanding of our customers and technology, which spans IoT, firmware, mobile applications, web applications, and cloud services.
This position will report directly to the CTO.
ēdn offers full benefits, stock options, unlimited vacation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to scope, develop, test, deploy, and maintain complex software products
- Own the greenfield design and development of responsive web applications and services from technology selection through maintenance
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Directly communicate with customers and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe product features/designs, and respond to product enhancement requests
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture by having a genuine interest-and ability-to learn new skills with a strong bias for action
- Work with customer-facing teams to ensure the product meets/exceeds customer experience expectations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- A solid foundation in software engineering, with competencies in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and testing/validation
- Experience with RESTful web services and architectures
- Interest and ability to learn new server side programming languages (e.g., Java, Python, Ruby)
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, lean-startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Interest and ability to gain expertise in Amazon Web Services, specifically Lambda and IoT
- Previous experience building complex software systems that have been deployed to users
- Experience in Python, Java, or Ruby
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Walton, NY