About the job
About The Role…
Inari is looking for a Software Engineer to join the team of supportive and collaborative engineers. You will be a key member of a small team that works closely with breeders, crop scientists, data scientists, and quantitative geneticists to solve problems at the intersection of breeding, gene editing, and agronomy. As a core participant of the team, you will help us develop interfaces for Inari’s Systems and you’ll also have opportunities in a wide range of areas including design, deployment, testing, and support. The role will be based at the company headquarters in Cambridge, MA or at our office in West Lafayette, IN. Inari’s software engineering team was recently voted one of the top 16 engineering teams in the tech industry so if you want to work with engineers that are taking BOLD action to make a difference, this is the place for you!
As a Software Engineer, you will…
- Build APIs, Interfaces, systems
- Get involved and gain ownership in the full software development life cycle (design, build, deploy and support)
- Work with breeders and scientists to develop tools for data exploration enabling our crops team to make product advancement decisions
- Contribute to design and overall engineering roadmap
- Gain technical exposure to:
- Distributed computing/development in AWS
- Cloud-native development (micro-services, serverless, containers/Kubernetes)
- Building backend systems (API servers with Python or other prominent programming languages)
- Building data storage systems (SQL/NoSQL DBs, data lakes)
- Building backend/middleware for data-driven web applications
- 1-3 or more years of engineering experience with at least 2 of these areas: application development, API development, DB development, systems automation
- Exposure to microservice development that runs in production
- Strong communication skills, as this position involves working with remote team members/stakeholders
- Excitement to work cross functionally with engineers AND non-engineers!
- Exposure to computational optimization, ORMs, GraphQL, VueJS, distributed computing
- Writing high performance/scalable applications for visualization and/or data-oriented users
- Ag or biotech industry experience
- Interested in biotechnology, food systems, or sustainability.
- Address West Lafayette, IN