About the job
Our team is currently remote through the summer and we plan to have office space in Columbus this fall. Ideally this person is in the Columbus area, but we are open to fully remote for the right candidate.
For most, having reliable personal transportation is crucial for economic progression. However, while the process of buying a vehicle has gotten easier for many, the experience hasn’t improved for the 1 in 5 Americans with less than perfect credit.
Beep is changing the way our nation’s most underserved population finances and buys vehicles. This role will work directly with Engineering, Design, and Product to build a new kind of online car financing and buying experience.
As a Software Engineer at Beep, you will use the latest technologies to build an e-commerce platform for vehicles, operational tools, and a data platform to drive our systems. You’ll collaborate with a distributed team to design complex solutions and are comfortable with ambiguity. We’re looking for those with either front-end or back-end expertise, but knowledgeable in both.
- Full stack web development with a variety of coding languages
- Work closely with the head of product and designer to define feature specifications and build the next generation of products
- Build and scale back-end services and infrastructure as needed
- Manage integrations with 3rd party systems and APIs
- Complete and test medium to large features (each with many tasks) independently without guidance
- Proactively identify and drive changes as needed for assigned codebase, product area and/or systems
What you need
- 2+ years of relevant professional software engineering experience
- Have built delightful, scalable products with designers, other devs, and product managers
- Experience with:
Note: We do not expect expertise in all areas, but prefer that you are strong in front or back-end tech and have knowledge of the other areas.
- Common front-end technologies (such as React, Angular, PHP, HTML/CSS, Typescript, etc) in a production environment
- RESTful API design, creating integrations across multiple APIs and systems, and microservice architectures
- Object-oriented design/architecture, applying design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- CI/CD pipelines (GitHub, CircleCI, Terraform)
- Cloud Based infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, AWS)
- Fluent in written english and proficient in spoken english
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Columbus, Ohio Metropolitan Area