About the job
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary
Honey is a fast-growing company based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million online shoppers and use the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. With that, we are excited to say we’re hiring! We are actively seeking a Software Engineer to join the Merchant Platforms team in our new Seattle office. This team focuses on building new and innovative ways to scale the number of merchants working with Honey.
Our team’s mission is to scale Honey to integrate with millions of merchants across the web. We intend to do this by designing and building high quality tools and services to support our business partners and merchants, while applying robust monitoring and operational best practices to these systems. We own tools and services supporting new and existing Honey merchants, finding deals and applying coupons for millions of Honey users, and placing orders with merchants through the Honey mobile app.
As a Software Engineer on the Merchant Platforms team, you’ll take part in building the next generation of software that will enable customers to save money on everything they buy. You can expect to work with other engineers, product managers, and data scientists. Since we’re building from the ground up, you will need to design, implement, deploy, monitor and iterate your area of ownership. Your contribution will impact how Honey provides a better way to buy and make money more fair for everyone.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer at Honey, you will:
- Build, operate and maintain several Merchant Platform components with a focus on reliability and scale
- Design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment with 2-5 other software engineers
- Participate in initiatives to support key strategic programs at Honey
- Work closely with product management to vet requirements and translate those requirements to technical solutions.
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s millions of users
- You have worked in a software engineering role for a minimum of 2 years
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository – e.g., Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket
- You know what parts of your code require tests (and write those tests)
- You know about continuous integration systems like Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI
- You have built monitoring and alerting for your production systems
- You are familiar with microservice architecture and Agile development methodology
- You are willing and able to deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain your systems in production
- You have great verbal and written communication skills
- CS degree or equivalent
- Passion for online shopping (or at least like a deal)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, CircleCI, Node.js, NPM, Git, GitHub, Golang, Kubernetes, Docker
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0072369
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Bellevue, WA