About the job
Ford Motor Company was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. It’s a belief that has always fueled our passion to create great cars and trucks. And today, it drives our commitment to become the world’s most trusted mobility company, designing vehicles for a smart world that help people move more safely, confidently and freely. To do this, we are investing in technology, and businesses focusing on micro-transit, commercial solutions for fleet customers, enhancing the vehicle ownership experience and developing the Transportation Mobility Cloud, which will host mobility-related solutions.
This request is to fill a Software Engineer position within OWN IT – FMA (Ford Member Account) group. We are seeking a Software Engineer to provide strong technical leadership to an existing team. You will helping with global launch of single sign-on (sso) for various external facing ford applications (Global Owner, Account Manager, Brand sites like www.ford.com, etc.). you will work to improve customer experience through consistently delivering high-quality products that are easy to maintain. A great opportunity to hone technical skills and grow leadership/communication skills. OWN is a growing and exciting area! This is a great opportunity to collaborate with global cross functional teams to deliver authentication for Ford/Lincoln vehicle owners.
What You’ll Be Able To Do
- Develop sound technical practices within the team. Communicate technical point of view. Collaborate with internal and external team on integrations.
- Participate in product team agile ceremonies. Work with the team to define technical features and user stories.
- Coding and technical configuration. Collaborate with Enterprise architecture on strategic technical solutions.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Java
- 2+ years of experience with test-driven development, pair programming, and continuous deployment (Jenkins CI or similar)
Our preferred requirements:
- 2+ years of experience with Cypress/Selenium
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to operate with limited supervision
- Results orientated with a customer focused attitude
- Knowledge of AGILE methodologies/tools including Rally
- Leadership/ability collaborate on technical solutions and designs
- Ability and passion for designing new solutions
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Allen Park, MI