About the job
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As a Software Engineer at Vicarious, you will support production engineering efforts through the creation of robotics systems to enable site operations at customer facilities. You are expected to write high-quality, efficient, fault-tolerant code. The ideal candidate should bring strong fundamental experience in algorithmic development, especially in relation to high-throughput low-latency systems.
What You’ll Do
- Create scalable, core components of the production robotics system
- Design, develop and test data acquisition and integration applications
- Develop proof of concept for cameras, sensors systems, or other external hardware
- Triage production issues and incidents in order to ensure uptime and accuracy of customer-facing systems.
Who You Are
- M.S. or PhD Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- 3+ years directly related work experience
- Background in robotics or strong algorithmic knowledge especially in regards to low-latency high throughput data processing
- Production experience with Python 3.5+
- Strong production C++ 11/17 programming experience
- Sensor processing, especially frame acquisition from cameras or equivalent with other sensors such as LIDAR
- Developing in a Linux Environment in conjunction with other software or hardware teams.
Nice to haves
- General robotics experience
- ROS1, ROS2, DDS, or other message-passing middleware experience
- Integration with machine learning or deep learning teams
- A deeper understanding of Linux internals, especially the network stack
- Experience with high-performance networking and/or experience with embedded systems or System on Chips
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Pittsburgh, PA