About the job
Our client is currently looking for Software Engineers who are passionate about building amazing products and interested in joining a world-class team. You’ll be joining a small but agile team where you can help to drive both the mission and technical direction of the company. You will provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentoring on design, code, and strong engineering practices.
You’ll work closely with the engineering and business teams to define and design new features, improve and scale current systems, and help map out the future of the product. Ultimately, you will build high-quality and innovative software to help achieve the company’s mission.
This is a full-time and not a contract or C2C role.
- Actively own major features or applications and define their long-term health.
- Shipping features end-to-end, from UI to backend.
- Brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers, and Frontend Engineers to conceptualize and build new features for products.
- Give feedback and contribute to product and architectural requirements, high-level roadmap, and product strategy, while following agreed acceptance criteria in development work.
- Mentor other engineers and deeply review code.
- Help onboard other engineers, and contribute to tooling and processes that help make the whole team better.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related major.
- 5+ Years of professional experience as a software engineer.
- Expertise in one or more core programming languages such as Python, Java, or Ruby.
- Strong experience with building web or mobile applications in modern web frameworks (React, RoR, Django, etc) and tech stack.
- Strong experience in one or more Relational or NoSQL databases (MySql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc).
- Experience with product, distributed systems, scaling applications, or DevOps is a plus.
- The desire to work at an early-stage startup and have significant product ownership.