About the job
Quality Platform supports a premium streaming service, offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Quality Platform consists of people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. As a team, we are able to touch a wide stack of technologies and come up with many tooling solutions to many of the problems the Quality organization might face. By doing so, you will never be bored and siloed into one project, where you have the ability to move to other projects and increase your skillset on all sorts of different projects.
As a Software Engineer with the Quality Platform team, you will never be bored. You will have the ability to touch all different technology stacks from Java, Python, React, Spinnaker, etc. This role is responsible for developing frameworks, test infrastructure, and other tools that are necessary for QA to do their job quicker and more efficient. There will also be a great deal of collaboration not only between your team, through things like Code Reviews and Mentorship, but with other teams within our organization to help develop solutions to their request
- Design, architect and implement across services and clients for large scope testing frameworks
- Ownership of daily engineering work; ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, launch, monitor and maintain
- Actively mentor other engineers
- Treat quality as a habit and enforce software engineering best practices and appropriate design patterns
- 1-2 year(s) of relevant software engineering experience or software automation experience
- Proficiency in Java or Python
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Spinnaker or Jenkins, and Kubernetes
- Does extremely well with communication, mentorship and collaboration skills
- Strong teamwork ethic and strive for perfection
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience or software automation experience
- Strong system design and analytical skills
- CI/CD experience/knowledge
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Alternate Location: Remote (Would need to work West Coast hours)
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Santa Monica, CA