Software Engineer (Front-end)
About the job
Who We Are
Founded by a group of intrepid ex-SpaceX engineers who want to revolutionize the food industry, Serve Automation is changing the way your favorite food gets delivered. Serve has secured funding from top-tier investors who have invested in companies like Beyond Meat, Lyft, Creator, Blue Bottle Coffee, and Sweetgreen.
The Serve Automation team is searching for the best and brightest to join our team of rocket scientists turned food automation engineers. Serve is a collaborative work environment – we all work together to move the company forward as needed. In other words, we all wash dishes! If you love tackling big ideas, working with a stellar team, and eating great food, Serve Automation may be the perfect place for you!
What You’ll Do
- Write and maintain rigorous test suites that exercise the full extent of our applications.
- Develop clear and meaningful requirements with stakeholders via user stories.
- Mock up wireframes for new designs for some projects and work with dedicated UI/UX artists for other projects.
- Take the initiative on other roles and tasks the company needs to succeed. Serve Automation is a fast-growing startup.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of meaningful solo contributor experience as a software engineer.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience building world-class front-end websites using modern, SPA frameworks like React.
- Experience accessing APIs and understanding the fundamental database queries behind each API call.
- Experience handling complex state management on the front-end including advanced techniques such as eventual consistency.
- Experience implementing clean, organized, and semantic styling using CSS frameworks like SASS.
- Experience designing wireframes and implementing user stories with UI and UX best practices.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Where You’ll Work
Our office is located in an industrial park in Hawthorne, CA. We’re about 1.5 miles from the Crenshaw Station on the Green Line in close proximity to a number of aerospace and manufacturing companies including SpaceX and Triumph. We are situated next to Common Space Brewery and LA Aleworks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Los Angeles, CA