Software Engineer II
About the job
Be a part of the Commerce Invoicing/Integration team, building our Financial Reporting and Commerce Intelligence Platform, to ensure Microsoft efficiently produces invoices for our large scale commercial customers, and also enable analytics of Microsoft’s diverse range of commerce from Xbox to Azure, Office to Windows and retail to eCommerce. We build experiences for customers to receive monthly invoice data and share this information with other teams internal to Microsoft, such as Finance (via SAP) and the Microsoft Sales organization.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help bring these systems into Azure-native architectures. You will design, develop, test, and operate the platforms we used to generate and present customer invoice information.
You will make a difference by gaining perspective from working across Microsoft’s Commerce and Product teams, grow and learn as a data engineering by learning from peer Data/Intelligence platforms, and gaining a uniquely deep and broad understanding of Azure’s Data Services.
- Design, build and operate key components of the Commerce Invoicing Platform
- Work closely with your peers in rationalizing technology choices, design, and implementations to expose and reason over Commerce Data
- Deeply leverage Azure Data Services to orchestrate, store and generate key insights in a reliable, repeatable and timely pattern
- Drive design discussions for your area of ownership, constructively incorporate feedback and implement and test your feature hirings
- Migrate systems into Azure-native architectures and improve the relaibility and scalability of the stack
- Design, develop, test, and operate the platforms we used to generate and present customer invoice information
- Defining & building live metrics, dashboards and reports for our leadership and product teams
- Authoring and operation of Big Data ETL pipelines
- Help set the technical strategy and roadmap of our data infrastructure
- BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, related STEM field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in shipping production online services.
- 4+ years of experience in Building and Maintaining Online Services at scale using C#, .NET, Java
- Very strong programming skills in at least one high level language: Python, Java, C++, C#
- Experience building large real-time data pipelines and/or web services
- Experience in Building and Maintaining distributed data intensive applications
- Experience working with Microsoft technologies COSMOS /Scope, Aria and Kusto as well as having a deep understanind of Data platforms like Databricks, Hadoop, Synapse and/or ADLA\Ability to collaborate, listen, and incorporate ideas
- Experience building data models and performing complex queries using SQL
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to break down complex cross functional technical problems
- Experience in Modern Data platforms (Spark, Databricks, Hadoop, Synapse and/or ADLS)
- Understanding of Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Charlotte, NC