Software Engineer- iOS
About the job
iOS Software Engineer
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key contributor to our autonomous vehicle and electrification efforts, you can dramatically change the way the world moves. Ford is seeking visionary, highly skilled and ambitious professionals to help us create an innovative and scalable autonomous vehicle business. Join us and improve the movement of people and goods while delivering an intuitive, enjoyable and trusted experience.
What You’ll Be Able To Do
- Work on a Balanced Team and collaborate with a Product Owner, Product Manager, and Product Designer to deliver projects and features to support the launch of the Mach-E and future electric vehicles.
- Position focuses on software development for FordPass/Lincoln Way, which is a key strategic enterprise effort to support the needs and expectations of consumers both today and tomorrow.
- Function as a senior iOS engineer on an Electric vehicle product team in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment by enforcing sound development practices
- Ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions, utilizing test-driven development and automated testing
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Owners, UI/UX designers and external teams to design, build and extend application features
- Provide solutions to optimize performance, scalability, security protocols, analytics integration
- Drive project architecture to scale large mobile applications and enabling team efficiency
- Onboard and mentor new software engineers, review code and enforce coding standards
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets user requirements
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience in software engineering
- 1+ years of experience developing iOS apps
Our Preferred Requirements
- Passionate software craftsperson
- Previous success working with an Agile development team
- Experience with Reactive Programming (e.g. RxSwift)
- Experience with large, modular project architecture and codebases
- Experience with Bluetooth
- Experience with Cryptography
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, and Agile Methodologies
- Strong communication/collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
What You’ll Receive In Return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits, and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Address Dearborn, MI