Software Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure
Come help us build the world’s most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We’re bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24×7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our data scientists have the opportunity to dive into a wealth of delivery data to improve Dasher assignment, ETA prediction, and Dasher capacity planning. For an example of one such project please read this blog.
What You’ll Do
- Work with our data scientists and product engineers to collaborate on ideas and ensure that there is a world class platform to run their ML models on
- Help build a flexible pipelines that can evolve to handle new technologies, techniques and modeling approaches
- Implement and operated an easy to use and pluggable ML Workflow framework
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience building machine learning systems in production such as empowering data analytics at scale
- Experience in machine learning – you’ve developed and deployed your models – even if these are simple proof of concepts
- Experience in systems engineering – you’ve built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment, bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
Nice To Haves
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Familiar with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- Familiar with Spark, MLLib, Databricks MLFlow, Apache Airflow and similar related technologies.
- Familiar with a cloud-based environment such as AWS
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address San Francisco, CA