Software Engineer – Mobile
About the job
PeopleSoft Requisition Number
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We’re always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
WarnerMedia’s B2B Applications team is looking for a Software Engineer (Mobile) with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions to real world challenges and deliver the best end-user experience to our business partners. The B2B Application team is always exciting as we support multiple applications that use different technologies and languages. We are looking for a well-rounded individual versed in mobile development over those with very specialize skillsets.
- Actively participate in DevOps pipeline and drive adoption of containers, continuous integration, and automated build and deploy pipeline technologies.
- Champion test driven development (TDD) and other best practices to build quality code with a focus on quality, maintainability, and testability.
- Discover, experiment with, and recommend new technologies for our stack.
- Integrate disparate web services and develop orchestrations to enhance our products and improve the user experience.
- Act as support and maintenance for on-going system support issues, bugs and security vulnerabilities
- Must be diplomatic, while effectively communicating (both orally and written) adhering to all matters related to confidentiality
- Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
- 2+ years of API development experience. Not only development and management of APIs but a track record of integrating third party APIs.
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms, unit tests, integrated tests, etc.
- Knowledge of standard source code management and build tools such as Jira, Git, GitHub Actions and Jenkins.
- Experience working in Agile (Scrum / Kanban) methodology culture.
- Comfortable working with databases, schema design and have a practical understanding of SQL / NoSQL database technology. We’re not looking for DBA’s but you should be able to work comfortably with databases.
- Experience with OO / functional development languages such as C#, Scala, Python, Go, Erlang, Ruby is a plus.
- Containerization experience is a plus.
- Good Understanding how the Web “works”. Basic things like standard browser features, browser privacy policies, client/server interaction and client-side scripting should be very familiar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- Consumer Goods
- Online Media