About the job
Java Software Engineer
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
We are building the #1 Asset Management Technology platform in the world and we need exceptional, motivated, and world-class talent to join the Portfolio Core Technology team at JP Morgan Asset Management. You must have a passion for writing and testing high quality code.
We are looking for a strong hands-on (coding) technologist to play a key role on a team building high performing and globally distributed data-intensive application from scratch.
- As a Software Engineer, you will combine your years of proven expertise with your desire to create innovative technology.
- You will be directly involved with build out of next generation Investment Book of Records (IBOR) leveraging DevOps and Agile fashion.
- Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally.
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing micro services in Java leveraging a framework like Spring Framework.
- You will write test cases using TDD/BDD approach with emphasis on high maintainability.
- You will participate in code review sessions – peer reviews and group reviews.
- You will provide code review sign-off for your peers’ and team members’ code.
- You will demonstrate scalability of your services using mock testing frameworks and other tools.Technical documentation of service API (using Swagger).
- Implementing logging, auditability, security, and monitoring features.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or engineering or equivalent.
- 5-10 years of experience in the role of software engineer.
- Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especially involving large data volumes and real-time distribution will be huge plus.
- MUST: Deep knowledge and expertise in Java programming. You should rate yourself 8 out of 10 or higher and be able to demonstrate during the hiring process.
- MUST: Experience working through entire lifecycle of at least 2 large complex application build-out (from scratch) and delivery for either a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
- Experience in Spring, REST services, JMS, Hibernate/JPA, JSON is desired.
- Experience working with Oracle or other SQL based database is desired.
- Experience in CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, GIT, Jira and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is desired.
- Experience with designing/delivering messaging-based solutions (e.g. Kafka) is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS) or private cloud (based on Pivotal Cloud Foundry), micro services architecture, decision management tools like DROOLS is preferred.
- Knowledge of modern architectures based on micro services, REST APIs, and event-based architecture is preferred.
- Experience with implementing middle-tier data caching solutions (e.g. Gemfire or Apache Ignite/Gridgain) is a plus.
- Knowledge of working with Angular or React is a plus.Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Jersey City, NJ