Sr. Data Scientist
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We’re fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
At Wish, our Data Science & Engineering team is composed of Data Scientists, Data Analysts & Data Engineers who focus on centralizing corporate data in order to gain insights, knowledge and scalability, that empower a proactive and rigorous analysis of key business indicators. Our mission is to derive wisdom from data via the application of Data Science.
Wish has exciting opportunities for talented Data Scientists to form the foundation of our centralized data science team. Successful candidates will have extensive backgrounds in quantitative fields and a track record of using data to drive the understanding, growth, and the success of a product. As a member of this team, you will be empowered and motivated to drive business impact through data.
What you’ll be doing:
- Apply statistics techniques to improve Wish’s experimentation platform and process.
- Apply economics methodologies to understand and improve Wish’s two-sided marketplace.
- Apply optimization techniques to improve Wish’s logistics and overall user experiences.
- Apply machine learning techniques to improve Wish’s product and operation.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- A minimum of 3 years of Data Science experience in technology or research industry.
- Proficient in Python or R
- An advanced ability to translate business questions into Data and experiments that yield business insights
- Demonstrated track record of successful projects in applying quantitative techniques to improve a product or business.
- 5+ years work experience in technology or research industry.
- Domain expert in one of the fields: statistics, machine learning, optimization, and economics.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Seattle, WA