Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
Amazon is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer for initiatives within Alexa AI-Web Information org which is part of our ongoing Alexa Information efforts focused on reinventing information extraction and retrieval for a voice-forward, multi-modal future.
You will have an opportunity to directly impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of products that will be used every day by people you know. We’re looking for someone passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, who demonstrates strong product ownership and is willing to think in new ways to solve difficult problems.
You will have track record of success in delivering new products, solving problems, and learning new technologies quickly. A commitment to teamwork, proactive approach to solving problems, and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires technical expertise, understanding of computer science fundamentals, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person is comfortable delivering quality solutions in a fast-growing environment where priorities may change rapidly.
What You Will Do
- Build state-of-the art ML, NLP and Information Retrieval systems.
- Architect, design, develop, and extend high performance, test-driven code that meets requirements and is scalable and maintainable
- Serve as technical lead for all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing new system architecture and improvements
- Build on and maintain an existing code base as well as new components; maintain production code and contribute to deployment and QA processes
- Participate in prioritization, estimation, and sprint planning
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years industry experience building production software systems
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Experience in modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Python), open-source technologies and Linux.
- 2+ years of work experience building large-scale production Machine Learning systems or extensive experience with building distributed systems and willingness to learn specifics of ML systems.
- Experience related to Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Information Retrieval (IR) or Machine Learning (ML)
- Experience with data processing , spark , kafka and scala.
- Experience with content storage, indexing and retrieval at web-scale
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
- Experience developing cloud software services for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience building (not just using) information retrieval systems, search engines, or low-latency database systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1400454
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Seattle, WA