Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your daily work here will cause millions of people to spark meaningful connections. We have a small, dedicated engineering team with one of the highest ratios of users to engineers in the industry, making every member of the team critical to our success. We’re looking for someone that can help us explore a vast amount of data and derive knowledge from that data that can be used to improve our product.
About The Role
The staff machine learning engineer role will be responsible for the development of machine learning models and systems for recommendation applications. Recommendation algorithms directly control who can be matched together in Tinder, and optimize the whole ecosystem. You’ll have a unique opportunity to join a company with a global footprint while working on a team that’s small enough for you to feel the impact each day.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a machine learning team, which solves meaningful problems at massive scale ( 1.6B + user swipes per day).
- Work on exciting problems that directly impact Tinder’s ecosystem
- Design and implement state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms in distributed machine learning frameworks such as Spark
- Define and own the objectives and metrics for your team, and devise a development strategy and roadmap
- Lead and mentor team members to reach their full potential
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of industry experience in machine learning
- Someone who is not afraid to make critical decisions and has a bias towards action
- Ability to encourage and motivate the team to go above and beyond
- Experience in designing and building highly scalable distributed ML models
- PhD or MS in machine learning, computer science, statistics or other highly quantitative fields
- Tinder has massive diversified users. One of the key challenges is to efficiently determine who should be recommended to match together. We use machine learning and data driven approaches to understand our users, and find the best matches that satisfy both requirements.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address San Francisco, CA