Staff NLP Engineer/Data Scientist
Crunchbase helps the world discover and connect with the companies that matter. Our data platform is the foundation on top of which all these connections can be made – it not only powers the data at the heart of Crunchbase, but also hundreds of external sites and applications around the world. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions.
Engineering at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase engineering team is a dynamic, fast-paced team that is committed to quickly delivering features, evaluating their performance, and iterating towards the product vision shared by the company.
We are organized in vertical teams that include cross-functional engineers as well as functional guildes aimed at working tightly with the product team to deliver high standards of code while iterating quickly on features.
We value open and honest communication and strive to build an environment where opinions and views can be shared and considered in an effort to reach the best decision.
Data Graph Team at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Data Graph team is a brand-new team that will own and drives the vision of building a knowledge graph out of extensive amounts of unstructured data. It also includes the understanding of the data, categorizes the data, evaluates the data quality, extracts useful knowledge out of the data, and construct knowledge graph on top of the knowledge.
What You Will Do
- Architect and build new dimensional data models and schema designs to improve accessibility, efficiency, consistency, and quality of both internal and production data
- Build, monitor, and maintain analytics and production data ETL pipelines
- Provide the foundation for a data-driven culture by empowering other engineers and the Product team to ask questions of the dataset in an easy, reliable way
- Enable data scientists to implement NLP and ML algorithms at scale, in fault-tolerant, highly available system
Who You Are
- Hands-on experience implementing production NLP systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages. Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, is also a plus
- Validated hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing, and modeling of real data
- Strong background in Statistics and statistical inference techniques
- 2+ years of professional engineering experience working with technologies (Scala, Java, Python, or C++) and cloud platforms (GCP or AWS)
- Care about agile software development and a culture of constant learning and improvement
- Experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
- Love your customers even more than your code.
What Crunchbase Has To Offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) — we don’t track vacation days
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- 10 weeks fully paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address San Francisco, CA